Whether you’re expecting a baby or planning to start a family in the near future, it’s a very special and exciting time. The birth of your baby is one of the most memorable, life-changing, and exciting experiences of your life. Choosing the right physician, midwife, and hospital are some of the most important decisions you’ll make. To have peace of mind throughout your pregnancy, you need to feel confident that you and your baby will receive the very best medical care. At Glacial Ridge Hospital, we can give you that peace of mind. We will listen to you and respect your wishes and will do everything possible to ensure you receive the best care throughout your pregnancy and beyond.
Your hometown hospital and Maternity Health Care Team have provided a safe and joyous beginning for many families, like yours, in the Glenwood area for many decades. To meet your needs, we offer prenatal, labor and delivery, and postpartum care from both physicians and a certified nurse midwife (CNM).
We also offer classes and Birth Center tours so you know what to expect, have your questions answered, and have peace of mind throughout your maternity experience.
- Nitrous Oxide Frequently Used During Labor - Glacial Ridge Hospital in Glenwood began offering nitrous oxide for pain relief in June of 2014. Since then, approximately 44% of women delivering at Glacial Ridge Hospital in Glenwood have used nitrous oxide. Miranda S. from Cyrus shared, “I opted to use nitrous oxide for pain relief and I recommend it to all women during childbirth if they are able.” Nitrous Continue Reading
- Your Options for Labor and Pain Management - By Jessie van der Hagen, CNP, CNM, Family Medicine and Midwife When we decide to become mothers we don’t always consider the process of labor and birth. As our pregnancy progresses and comes to an end, we become excited to meet “baby”. We start to think about labor and birth and start preparing for our journey. Labor and birth is not Continue Reading
- 7 Habits to Begin for Preconception Health - By Elizabeth Ankeny, CNP, Family Medicine Living a healthy lifestyle, at all ages and stages, is important, but did you know a healthy pregnancy often begins well before conception? Whether or not a pregnancy is in your foreseeable future, the below list provides some habits you can adopt now to start a healthy lifestyle: Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and street drugs Get Continue Reading
- It’s Positive! What Now? - By Rwanda Campbell, M.D., FACOG, OB/Gyn “Wow, we finally did it. My pregnancy test is positive!” Congratulations on the great news. What should you do next? Call and schedule your pregnancy confirmation visit with an OB provider. Although you may be accustomed to not seeking care until you are 12 weeks pregnant, many providers are able to offer first-trimester screening Continue Reading
- At-Home Fetal Heartbeat Monitors: Heartfelt or Harmful? - Parents crave peace of mind. It’s stressful to think something could happen to your unborn baby, so doing everything to monitor their baby’s heartbeat at home seems prudent. Unfortunately, though, at-home fetal doppler monitors carry risks and probably aren’t worth it. This growing trend is concerning to doctors and prenatal healthcare professionals. While the FDA officially discourages at-home use of Continue Reading